Soft & chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are easy to make and full of healthy ingredients. These are the perfect fall-flavored granola bar!
Kicking off pumpkin season with this healthy recipe that is beyond easy to make! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are stuffed full of fall flavors with oats, pecans, pumpkin, and maple syrup.
These are not a "no-bake" recipe because baking these bars really brings out all the fall flavors and makes the pumpkin and maple stand out.
These granola bars remind me of those Chewy Bars I ate on repeat growing up (my fav was the PB chocolate chip). These are just a bit healthier and obviously pumpkin flavored!
Bake these up for a yummy breakfast on-the-go or a snack, but they also go great as something a little sweet (and still healthy) for dessert.
What you need to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Old fashioned oats- Make sure to use old fashioned or rolled oats for this recipe as you want bigger pieces of oats in the granola bar.
- Pecans- chopped pecans to add a little extra flavor and crunch.
- Pumpkin pie spice- a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and sometimes allspice- aka THE BOMB.
- Salt- I like using kosher salt for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree- canned pumpkin is what you are looking for here. If you are feeling fancy you can make your own!
- Banana- mashed banana replaces any egg in this recipe. You could also use applesauce instead.
- Maple syrup- adds some sweetness and maple flavor to the bars.
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips- you can use regular chocolate chips for this recipe, but I like using mini ones here.
How to make these granola bars:
- Combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper-lined baking dish and pack the bars down firmly and evenly into the bottom.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool. Cut into bars before serving.
Other recipes to try:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup mashed banana (about 1 whole banana)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper (leave an overhang for easy removal) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Pack down and spread out evenly in the bottom. Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool completely before cutting. I cut mine into 12 bars, but you can make them bigger or smaller!