The best mini brownie bites you'll ever make- these two-bite chewy brownies are topped with cream cheese frosting and mini chocolate chips.
There is nothing more cute to me than mini desserts (or mini anything tbh). Mini brownies are up there as one of my favorite desserts for a few reasons:
- They are delicious
- They are super small and cute
- You can eat them in two bites (or one if you feeling crazy)
- They are the perfect vessel for cream cheese frosting
- Did I mention how tiny and adorable they are?!
Anyway, these mini brownie bites are chewy and rich, and so easy to just eat 2 or 3... or maybe 5 haha. They have cream cheese frosting on top and mini chocolate chips to top it off. These are the perfect bite-sized dessert!
Ingredients needed for mini brownie bites:
Mini brownies are made the same way you would make regular brownies, but I will point out a few things below:
- butter- I always use unsalted butter when baking to be able to control the amount of salt in a recipe. If you only have salted butter, no fret! Just omit the salt the recipe calls for or use half.
- cocoa powder- I always used a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder when baking.
- eggs- this recipe calls for 2 eggs + an extra egg yolk. This gives you that extra chewiness in your brownies!
- chocolate chips- I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but feel free to use your favorite chocolate or cut up a chocolate bar that you like as well.
- cream cheese- plain cream cheese is the way to go here. I like using the blocks of cream cheese when baking. Whatever you end up using, just make sure it's not whipped cream cheese.
- mini chocolate chips (not pictured above)- these are for topping purposes, so totally optional. I list below some other toppings that would go great on these brownie bites!
How to make brownie bites from scratch:
step one: make the brownies
In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together. Once completely melted and smooth, stir in the sugar until fully incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla, and then stir for another 1-2 minutes, until everything is well combined. Pour the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into this bowl and mix until just combined.
Scoop your batter into your lightly greased mini muffin pan, filling almost all the way to the top.
Bake the brownies at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before using a butter knife to carefully remove them to a wire cooling rack.
step two: make the frosting
While your brownies are baking, make your frosting by using an electric mixer to cream together the butter and cream cheese for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low to incorporate, and then turn the mixer up to medium-high until smooth. Add the vanilla and ½ tablespoon of heavy cream/milk and mix.
step three: frost & enjoy!
Once your brownies have cooled, you can either spread your frosting on top using a knife/offset spatula, or you can pipe them on with a piping bag and tip. Top them with mini chocolate chips and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! Baking times won't change since they are all the same mini size, you can just double the ingredients for both the brownies and the frosting to make extra.
Ok so I know muffin pans can sometimes be a pain, but here are a few ways to combat stuck brownies while baking:
Grease your muffin pans before baking- use spray that has flour in it
Make sure your brownies are fully cooled once they come out of the oven before removing
Use a knife to gently run around the edges of the brownie to loosen it from the pan.
You can! Once your brownies have cooled completely, place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and place them into the freezer. I would recommend freezing the brownies before you frost them, and then making the frosting right before you are going to serve them.
Yes! here are some I recommend:
Crumbled brownie bits
Drizzle of melted chocolate
Storing & freezing
These two-bite brownies will stay good in an airtight container in your fridge for up a week, and in your freezer for up to 3 months!
Want to try more recipes?
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- S'mores Cookie Cups
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Creme Egg Brownies
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Fudge Brownies
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something off of one of those links I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Mini Brownie Bites Recipe
mini brownie bites
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
cream cheese frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- mini chocolate chips for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Lightly grease a mini cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together for 30 seconds. Take out and stir, and then place back in the microwave for 15-second intervals until completely melted and there are no clumps of chocolate left. Pour in the sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Add the eggs and vanilla, and then stir for another 1-2 minutes, until everything is combined.
- Pour the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into this bowl and mix until just combined.
- Scoop your batter into the mini muffin pan, filling almost to the top. Should be around 2 tablespoon per cup. If you only have 1 mini tray, just save the batter for the next batch.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until just set. Take out and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, and then run a butter knife around the edges to gently lift the brownies out of the pan and onto a cooling rack.
Make the frosting
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the room temperature butter and cream cheese for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low to incorporate, and then turn the mixer up to medium-high until smooth. Add the vanilla and ½ tablespoon of heavy cream/milk and mix until smooth.
- Once your brownies have cooled, you can either spread your icing on top using a knife/offset spatula, or you can pipe them on with a piping bag and tip. Top them with mini chocolate chips (or other toppings suggested above) and enjoy!
- These brownie bites are really great without the cream cheese frosting as well! So if frosting isn't your thing, don't make it and enjoy these plain!
- Ways to make sure your brownies come out of the pan:
- Grease your muffin pans before baking- use spray that has flour in it
- Make sure your brownies are fully cooled once they come out of the oven before removing
- Use a knife to gently run around the edges of the brownie to loosen it from the pan.
- These two-bite brownies will stay good in an airtight container in your fridge for up a week, and in your freezer for up to 3 months!