These one-bowl Triple Chocolate Brownies are rich, fudgy, and super easy to make. They are packed with semi-sweet, white, and dark chocolate.
You know those days when you just want to bake something delicious and homemade, but you also don't want to spend 8 hours in the kitchen, prep the night before, and take more than 1 trip to the grocery store for the ingredients? My remedy to those days = brownies.
Can we take a moment to appreciate how truly easy it is to make homemade brownies?
Really though, these brownies are made in 1 bowl (helloooo, fewer dishes) and you'll be eating brownies in about an hour's time, start to finish. Quick, easy, simple, and delicious!
These triple chocolate brownies are fudgy, rich, dense, and filled to the brim with not 1, not 2, but 3 types of chocolate. That sounds ideal to me!
This is your basic brownie recipe, but with a few things I'll note below:
- Butter- I always go unsalted for baking, but if you only have salted that's totally fine!! Just omit the salt that the recipe calls for.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- you want to make sure you are using unsweetened cocoa powder! My favorite is this kind, but Trader Joe's makes a really good one as well.
- Semi-sweet chocolate- I used chips which is what I had one hand, but feel free to use a chocolate bar and cut into chunks before melting.
- White & dark chocolate- I like using chips for convenience, but again you can use a bar and cut it into chunks! If you can find white or dark chocolate chunks, I suggest those as well. My favorite brand for quality chocolate chips is Ghirardelli.
How to make these brownies:
step one: mix the wet ingredients
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate together. In that same bowl, add the sugar and mix until combined. Add the eggs + extra yolk and whisk until the eggs are completely incorporated. Then mix in the vanilla.
step two: mix in the dry ingredients
In the same bowl, pour in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until everything comes together. Add in the white and dark chocolate and mix. Pour batter into a parchment paper-lined baking pan and top with some extra white and dark chocolate (optional).
step three: bake & enjoy!
Bake for 30-32 minutes, until the center is set or a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before removing and slicing.
Tips for the best brownies
- Better chocolate chips = better brownies! Buying quality chocolate chips will give your brownies a better taste. That's why I recommend using Ghirardelli chips, they make all the difference!
- Really whisk the eggs. This is a trick I learned to make those crinkle tops that you love to see on top of the brownies. Use a bit of arm power and whisk those eggs into the sugar mixture. If you really want to take an extra step, whisk your eggs in a separate bowl before you add them to the batter.
- Don't overbake your brownies. This one seems simple, but it's key to making great brownies. For fudgy, rich brownies you want them to be just the slightest bit underbaked, they continue baking in the pan once you take them out
- Let your brownies cool before eating. Now, this is just cruel, right? While I love a warm brownie (with some ice cream- yummm), your brownies continue baking in the pan while they cool, and they are more likely to crumble if you take them out too soon.
What makes brownies fudgy?
Fudgy brownies are made by having a higher fat-to-flour ratio. So this recipe has more butter than it does flour/dry ingredients, thus making it a fudgier brownie. If you wanted a more cakey brownie, you could add more flour to the batter.
How to store:
These brownies will stay good in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store them in the fridge for up to a week and freezer for 2 months.
Want to try more recipes?
- better-than-boxed brownies
- salted caramel brownies
- raspberry white chocolate blondies
- oreo cheesecake brownies
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase something off of one of those links I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my blog!
Triple Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips/chunks + extra for topping
- ½ cup white chocolate chips/chunks + extra for topping
- flaky sea salt , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and semi-sweet chocolate for 30 seconds, and then again in 10-second increments (mixing in between) until completely melted and smooth. Add the sugar to this bowl and mix until fully combined. Add in the eggs, making sure to mix fully so that the eggs are incorporated into the batter. Then add the vanilla and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, and salt, straight into the bowl. Mix until everything is combined and then stir in the white chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Pour batter into the baking pan, spread out evenly, and top with a few extra white and dark chocolate chips (optional). Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes (until the center of the brownies are set or a toothpick comes out clean). Let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.