This homemade fudge brownie recipe is the BEST- it's rich, decadent, and stuffed with chocolate chips. They are so incredibly easy to make, you won't go back to boxed brownies ever again!
This homemade fudge brownie recipe is one of my favorite recipes to date. Something about homemade brownies just makes me so happy!
Homemade fudge brownies are so much better than a boxed brownie mix. I said what I said! The extra egg yolk gives these brownies a serious richness. The chocolate chips on the inside give you little pockets of extra chocolatey goodness and I'm now drooling just thinking about it.
This homemade fudge brownie recipe is also incredibly easy to make. You don't need an electric mixer or a thousand different pans/bowls to make these- they are quick, simple, and can be whipped up in less than 1 hour!
- Butter- unsalted is best for baking. If you only have salted butter, just omit the salt that the recipe calls for.
- Chocolate- 4oz of a bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate bar. I used chocolate chips because that's what I had (4 oz was a little over ½ cup). Use whatever you can get your hands on!
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs + extra egg yolk- the extra egg yolk gives these brownies some extra richness and chewiness!
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Toppings (optional): melted chocolate drizzle, flaky sea salt
How to make homemade fudge brownies:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and 4oz of chocolate until smooth. Mix with sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs + extra egg yolk until you see little bubbles form on the top (this is what gives you a crinkly top on your brownies) and then add to the butter/sugar mixture. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour brownies into a parchment paper-lined baking dish and bake for 30-32 minutes at 350 degrees, until the center is set.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these brownies as much as I did!
Try my other brownie recipes:
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Mini Brownie Bites
- Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
Homemade Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 4 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped about ½ cup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and 4oz of chocolate for 30 seconds. Mix and then heat in 10-second intervals (mixing in between) until the mixture is smooth and melted together. Once melted, add to sugar in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs + extra egg yolk until you see little bubbles form on top. Add this to the butter/sugar mixture. Add in vanilla extract and mix until everything is smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until everything is combined and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes, until the center of your brownies are set or a toothpick/knife comes out of the center clean. Let cool for about 20-30 minutes and then cut.
- Optional: add toppings like melted chocolate and flaky sea salt!
- You can swap the flour for 1:1 gluten-free flour
- let the brownies cool completely before cutting