This 4th of July White Chocolate Chex Mix is my all-time favorite savory/sweet snack and it's here just in time for your backyard BBQ! This chex mix recipe is easy, fool-proof, and seriously addictive.
"White chocolate chex mix"- which is what we called this in my house growing up, is one of my all-time favorite snacks/desserts. It's seriously addictive. Like I-could-eat-a-whole-batch-by-myself-in-one-sitting addictive.
My family makes this every year around Christmas time and it's always a hit. My mom even puts it in cute baggies and hands it out as gifts to family members (best gift ever in my opinion). This is one of those recipes I'll be making every year for the rest of my life.
What is White Chocolate Chex Mix?
This sweet and salty mixture is made up of pretzels, corn chex, cheerios, peanuts, m&m's, and white chocolate. It's your every-day chex mix with a little something extra! It doubles as a mid-day snack, but also as something sweet for a dessert. Heck, you could eat it for breakfast and I wouldn't judge you one bit.
This recipe is so simple- all you do is mix all the ingredients, pour the melted white chocolate over top, and mix. Once it is all mixed you lay it out on baking sheets to dry. After it dries you can snack your little heart out!
4th of July Remix
This is a remix of the original recipe to get a little red, white and blue in there and make it festive. I found the RWB m&m's at Target. It's just as yummy with regular m&ms and no sprinkles, so feel free to make it whichever way you want.
This 4th of July white chocolate chex mix is super simple and comes together quick and easy. If you are looking for a quick sweet/savory snack to bring to any *small* gatherings this weekend, you won't disappoint your guests by bringing this. I'll be making this and my S'mores Cookies Cups for this upcoming holiday!
Hope everyone has a safe and healthy 4th!
- 1 package (10 oz) mini salted pretzels
- 5 cups cheerios
- 5 cups corn chex
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 lb (16 oz bag) m&m's
- 2 packages (10 oz each) white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- Combine pretzels, cheerios, corn chex, peanuts, and m&m’s into a VERY large bowl. If you don't have a big enough bowl, use two and put equal amounts of each ingredient in both bowls.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chips and oil on medium-high for 2 minutes. Stir, and then continue to microwave in 10-second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour white chocolate over cereal mixture and mix well with a rubber spatula or clean hands. Add sprinkles after it is mostly coated (optional).
- Spread out over 3 waxed paper-lined baking sheets and let cool completely. Break apart and store in an airtight container.
- I think this is best stored in the FREEZER, it stays fresh and lasts up to 4 weeks… if you keep it around for more than a day that is.
- This recipe makes ALOT of Chex mix, but it is super easy to cut in half and make a half batch.