These orange creamsicle cookies are filled with zesty orange and white chocolate chips- they taste just like a creamsicle!
When I ask you to think about your favorite cookie flavors, I can probably assume orange isn't on that list. But this recipe is about to change that for you!
Orange creamsicle cookies are soft, chewy, and packed full of flavor. The orange zest gives your cookie an amazing orange flavor without being too overpowering like some extracts can do. Combine that with white chocolate chips and you have a creamsicle in a cookie!
These cookies are light and refreshing, perfect for summer, and they are easy to make. I promise these will be a hit wherever you take them!
What you need to make Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Softened butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Orange zest
- White chocolate chips
How to make Orange Creamsicle Cookies
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the sugars and softened butter. Add in the egg and orange zest.
Gradually add in the flour to the butter mixture until smooth. Mix in the white chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Can you freeze Orange Creamsicle Cookies?
For sure! You can keep your cookies frozen for up to 6 months in the freezer. Once they have cooled completely, make sure to keep them stored in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
You can also freeze the cookie dough before you bake them. I recommend scooping the dough into balls and then freezing so that you can take them out of your freezer individually and bake later.
Other cookie recipes to try!
Orange Creamsicle Cookie Recipe
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp grated orange peel (about 2 large oranges)
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and both sugars for about 1-2 minutes, until creamy. Add in the egg and orange zest and mix until fully incorporated.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies onto the baking sheet using a cookie scoop or tbsp measuring spoon. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire cooling rack.