These breakfast potatoes are made with just 8 simple ingredients and only take 40 minutes to whip up. They are crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and perfectly seasoned.
I love potatoes. Growing up I told people my favorite food was mashed potatoes, and I wasn't lying.
I don't discriminate against potatoes though, I love them all- baked, mashed, twice baked, fries, potato wedges, hashbrowns, homefries. You name it, I will eat it.
Breakfast potatoes fall on the top of the list of my favorite potatoes. I could eat these guys morning and night, day after day. That's the best part about these potatoes, they don't need to be eaten just for breakfast. They go great as a side dish with chicken, steak, or even on their own!
What you need to make Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast potatoes are made from pantry staples- potatoes, olive oil, and some simple seasonings.
What you need:
- Potatoes- basically any potato you have on hand- I like yukon gold, red, or russet potatoes best.
- Olive oil- I used extra virgin olive oil, but any oil you like works.
- Salt and pepper- I use sea salt and ground black pepper
- Garlic powder- can be subbed for more onion powder or fresh garlic
- Paprika- This is a key ingredient! Adds so much great flavor.
- Onion powder- I like onion salt too (just use a little less actual salt if using onion salt)
- Parsley- preferably fresh, but dried also works in a pinch.
Breakfast Potato Tips:
- You don't need to peel your potatoes unless you want to- I personally enjoy the skins.
- Make sure when cutting up your potatoes they are all roughly the same size. This will help with baking time and your potatoes cooking evenly.
- You don't want to overcrowd the baking sheet. If you find the potatoes can't spread out flat and have room to breathe, separate them and use two baking sheets. This helps get them crispy.
I made this recipe up to go in my Breakfast Burritos, but they go great as a side to an egg scramble as well!
- 2 lbs potatoes (yukon gold or red are my favs)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400°
- Dice the potatoes into ½ inch cubes. They don't need to be perfect, but make sure they are all similar in size.
- Toss in a large bowl with olive oil and all the seasonings.
- Spread in an even layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing the potatoes about half way through.
- Give another quick toss and put potatoes back in under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes to get a little crispy!