This homemade peanut butter pie is made with just a few simple ingredients and is so delicious, you will be running back for a second slice. This pie is AMAZING!
You know those desserts you eat and your life is forever changed? No? That's just me?
Well if you do know what I'm talking about, this is one of those desserts.
This pie is EVERYTHING: it's creamy, rich, decadent, and seriously addictive. It has an Oreo crust that is buttery and crunchy, plus a seriously thick peanut butter filling. Add some of your favorite toppings in there (like Reese's peanut butter cups) and it's perfect.
If you are a fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combo, you simply cannot go wrong with this recipe!
- Oreo's- the regular kind works best here (vs. double stuffed). You are using the entire Oreo: cookie and the cream. (hot take- Trader Joe's makes better Oreo's than Oreo's does... I said it, sue me).
- Melted butter- salted or unsalted, doesn't matter for this recipe.
- Cream cheese- Any type of cream cheese works (I used light because I had it on hand). Make sure it's room temperature, it makes your filling more creamy and less clumpy.
- Creamy peanut butter- use conventional creamy peanut butter for this recipe. If you use “natural” peanut butter (the kind with the oil on top) the mixture will result in a pie filling that will become oily and separated.
- Powdered sugar- I forgot this in my picture below, sorry!
- Cool whip- the kind you find in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Toppings! I love chopped up Reese's cups, but you could use Reese's pieces, crushed Oreo's, chocolate, caramel, or peanut butter drizzle, peanut butter baking chips, or anything else your heart desires!
How to make Peanut Butter Pie
- Make the crust: crush your cookies in a food processor, blender, or by hand. Pour in the melted butter and mix. Press the cookie mixture along the bottom and the sides of a greased pie pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes and then it let cool completely.
- Make the filling: Beat the peanut butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar, followed by the whipped cream.
- Assemble the pie: Sprinkle some of your favorite toppings on the bottom on the cooled pie crust, then fill with the peanut butter filling. Finish it off by putting the rest of your toppings on the top of the pie.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours and enjoy!
Other recipes to curb your chocolate craving!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 30 oreos, crushed
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- Reese's cups
- Reese's pieces
- crushed oreos
- chocolate, caramel, or peanut butter drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a pie pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Pulse cookies in a food processor (other options include using a blender or crushing cookies in a plastic bag). Pour melted butter into the cookies crumbs and stir.
- Press cookies evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth (this mixture will be thick). Add in the powdered sugar and mix, followed by the cool whip.
- When your crust is completely cooled, add some chopped Reese's (or another topping) to the bottom. Then fill it with the peanut butter mixture, and then finish with more toppings on the top.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. It can be served right out of the fridge or out of the freezer for a more ice cream-like texture!