Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Recipe
This healthy Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal is so easy to make, filled with nutritious ingredients, and made with no nuts or raisins.
- 2 cups quick oats I also tested with rolled oats so you can use either
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1¾ cup unsweetened almond milk , (or milk of choice) at room temperature
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots , (freshly grated carrots work best)
- ½ cup shredded coconut , unsweetened or sweetened. I used half of both.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish or 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
In a seperate bowl, whisk together the room temperature milk, maple syrup, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Pour this into the oat mixture and stir until combined. Add in the shredded carrots and coconut.
Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. The center should be set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
While the oatmeal is baking, make the icing. In a bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese for about 1 minute, until smooth. Add in 2 tbsp of maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Add more maple syrup to reach the consistency you want!
Calories: 274kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 6gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 359mgPotassium: 224mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 3055IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 157mgIron: 1mg