Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies have a fudgy chocolate cookie base, layered with gooey marshmallow fluff, and topped with a coating of dark chocolate. The best marshmallow cookies!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 10 oz marshmallow fluff (I bought a large container)
- 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips (for melting)
Make the cookies:
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the vanilla and eggs and combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, scraping the sides of the bowl when needed. Mix until just combined.
Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5 tbsp), scoop dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (Keep the dough in the fridge while waiting for the next batch). Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Cookies should cool completely before putting fluff on top.
Dip in chocolate:
After your cookies have been smothered in marshmallow fluff and set in the fridge/freezer, it's time to dip them in chocolate: start with about half of your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds. Continue in 10-second increments until completely melted and smooth. You can add and melt more chocolate at any point you feel you need more. Dunk the top of each cookie in the chocolate until the marshmallow is covered. Shake off excess chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet to dry. Put the cookies back in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set (15-20 minutes in the freezer, 25-30 min in the fridge). I also do this step in batches, so I will do about 12 cookies at a time and then put them in the fridge/freezer, and move on to my next batch of 12.
- Make sure you make room in your fridge or freezer for these to set before starting- you're going to be pulling them in and out in between putting the marshmallow fluff on top
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the perfect sized cookies
- Don't overbake the cookies, you want soft cookies and they will continue to bake as they cool on the pan.
- Make sure the cookies are cool before putting the fluff on top. Warm cookies will make the fluff super melty!
- Don't worry if the fluff is super messy, you're going to dip the tops in chocolate anyway so it doesn't matter what they look like!
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 42mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 1gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 171IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg